- Consecutive contract positions up to 27 months
- Full time or part time
- Opportunities to work from home
Glo Digital requires experienced PowerBuilder developers to commence work immediately on multiple projects.
Applicants must have 3+ years of full time equivalent, hands-on, demonstratable PowerBuilder development experience, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Those who satisfy these requirements will be considered in three discrete groups, in this order of preference:
- Group 1: Brisbane residents to split working time between a CBD office and home.
- Group 2: Australian residents to work remotely but with the ability travel to Brisbane occasionally.
- Group 3: Foreign residents who can work remotely on Brisbane time.
For groups 1 & 2, compensation is up to $130+ per hour, depending on qualifications and experience. Group 3 compensation will not reach this level and is to be negotiated.
All applicants will be subject to appropriate background checks. Group 1 & 2 applicants must be legally allowed to work in Australia. Group 3 applicants will be subject to stringent background and security checks.
Initial contracts will be up to three months, followed by extensions of up to 24 months.
Given that PowerBuilder is an ageing tool, these are legacy projects, but opportunities exist in the medium to long term to participate in system replacement processes using modern technologies.
- Develop, support and maintain applications and their interfaces based on specialist knowledge of the relevant development technologies, and an understanding of the business and its processes.
- Work closely with clients, project managers and fellow team members to analyse requirements and estimate work related to existing applications, databases and interfaces.
- Perform troubleshooting to quickly diagnose and address production issues.
- Provide low-volume, second-tier help desk support during business hours.
We expect you to have:
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Detailed knowledge of and experience with software development lifecycles
- Evidence of your ability to work effectively as part of a team
It will be an advantage to have:
- A degree in Information Technology or a related discipline
- Development experience with Microsoft technologies
- Friends in high places (no, only kidding to make sure you're paying attention)
We’ll also expect you to identify with our values: respect, substance & integrity, passion, balance and quality workmanship.
To apply, send us your resume along with a covering letter addressing what you see as being our mandatory criteria. Yes, this is a reading comprehension exercise. Also state in your covering letter whether you’re applying for Group 1, Group 2 or Group 3. The first round of elimination will be based on your covering letter only.
While requirements are ongoing, the first round of selections will take place in March/April 2023, so lodge your applications quickly. Strictly no recruitment agencies thanks.